Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The End of Suffering

 

The young one’s sighs; the mother’s tears, 

The father’s cries; the old man’s fears.

Suffering - Oh it I can’t take;

But suffering - Oh! It is here to stay!

 

Buddha said desire’s the vice;

For Mohammed - a way to Paradise,

The Hindu says : Karma!

Maybe the next life’s not so dire.

 

The young bride lifts her head,

Lying on her wedding bed.

‘Tis here that her dreams will rust;

The bridegroom has turned to dust.

 

If desire; then no end to pain,

Not to desire is a desire again!

If Paradise it will assure:

Give me more! Give me more!

 

The little girl cries; lets out a sigh,

The cancer has spread; death is nigh.

Her body hurts with her every move;

But Mother’s heart aches much more!

 

If this is life, then kill me; Arise.

You may just send me to Paradise!

Or to peace that the next life hosts,

The Christian tells me it’s a hoax!

 

The father – Oh so loud he cried;

His young son had just died.

Oh! Had the killer not stabbed twice,

His hope in old age would have survived!

 

Life doesn’t end here; there’s eternity.

Suffer you have to; a fallen world’s not the best.

A few years on this side, on the other - infinity!

Live here as you ought to, and focus on the next.

 

For maybe there is purpose and form;

To all the suffering that you have borne.

Maybe it wasn’t because of what you had done,

Maybe there’s a reason one cannot fathom!

 

One day will I it fully understand;

When in front of my Master I stand!

Then it will all make perfect sense I know;

Things now am too naïve to comprehend!

flash animation downloaded from www.gieson.com

No comments: