Monday, July 20, 2009

The Rhyme of the Limping Kittens

The Rhyme of the Limping Kittens



There was just the three of them;

One was the mother, the other two kittens.

Came into my room the other day,

Scratching my toes and nibbling at them

The kittens made my day a very happy one.



I opened my door and out ran one;

And before I could stop down it went.

All three floors and just one more;

Before it kissed mother earth hard.

It gave a fit and then lay still.



I thought it had died but they;

Say that a cat has nine lives.

It moved, though after a while;

And while it strained to walk with a limp

I was grateful I had the other imp.



That one I named Sasha, and full of life was she;

She pulled its tail and bit its ear,

Though its response wasn't very clear.

What a joy it was to watch them play;

Sasha and the kitten that limped away.



And then it happened, Sasha fell;

Not unlike her brother just had.

It broke my heart to see her limp.

No longer did she scratch my toes or nibble at them,

My day thus ended a very sad one.

No comments: