Monday, November 5, 2007

MY FRIEND

Oft I’d been annoyed by the looks of a man;
The way he talked, he spoke, or thought.
“Cant stand the way he looks, he walks,
He talks” – Seemed to be my favorite speak.
And now my friend I tell you how it all came to cease.








'Twas just another day in my busy life,
When in walked this great young man.
He was a person I liked and soon
Became much great and close a friend.
As for me there was never a happier man.








But the philosophy of my life kept its pace;
And soon it started all again,
“Cant stand the way he looks, he walks,
He talks” – Seemed to be my favourite speak.
It ended in my telling him something I now wish I never did.


“Poof” – He vanished the moment I said;
A messenger of the Almighty stood in his stead.
My knees gave way and I trembled.
“Do not be afraid”, said he, “For I’ve come to tell”,
“Your friend was, in another form, you yourself!”




A.J. MATHEW
February 6, 2005


No comments: